|View printer-friendly version|
|SolarWinds to Showcase Portfolio of Infrastructure Management Software at VMworld 2018 Europe|
(GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) --SolarWinds Head Geek and VMware vExpert, Thomas LaRock, to co-present session on skills for virtual database server performance management
CORK, Ireland, Oct. 31, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced its participation at VMworld® 2018 Europe, November 5 – 8, 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. The company will exhibit its unified portfolio of infrastructure management software, which is designed to help technology professionals monitor their IT systems environment from application to spindle—to quickly find performance issues and correlations between all the layers. SolarWinds Head Geek™ and VMware® vExpert™, Thomas LaRock, will also co-present “Performance Deep Dive for Demanding Virtual Database Servers” on Wednesday, November 7, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CET.
Built on the Orion® Platform, the SolarWinds unified infrastructure management portfolio and integration features such as AppStack™, PerfStack™, and AppInsights™ can help make the process of preventing and troubleshooting incidents easier than ever before for technology professionals, whether on-prem, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments.
“Improving performance and managing virtualized workloads and environments requires skills that not all IT operations and application support teams are equipped with, as these issues can be harder to detect—and the inability to solve performance problems often initiates the IT ‘blame game,’” said Thomas LaRock, Head Geek, SolarWinds. “In this session, we’ll discuss priority areas for VM administrators, and skills needed to troubleshoot issues that slow down business and create strife in IT departments.”
SolarWinds® Virtualization Manager (VMAN) is designed to be an intuitive tool for virtualization monitoring, performance management, capacity planning, and optimization across VMware vSphere® and Microsoft® Hyper-V® environments. The latest product update, version 8.3, which also integrates into the Orion Platform, supports vSAN monitoring. Customers can also execute recommendations from the Orion Platform to help take the guesswork out of optimization, as well as model capacity planning scenarios for today and tomorrow’s workloads. VMAN now supports containers with basic monitoring for Docker®, Docker Swarm, Apache® Mesos®, and Kubernetes®.
SolarWinds at Booth B529
SolarWinds Head Geeks™ LaRock and Sascha Giese, along with other technical experts, will demonstrate the latest unified systems management solutions for IT operations, system administrators, and application support teams.
SolarWinds will showcase its latest product offerings, including:
- Application Performance Monitor (APM): The new solution is designed to deliver deeper performance insights and distributed transaction tracing capabilities across applications hosted in or across on-premise, hybrid IT, and cloud environments, leveraging the application monitoring capabilities of AppOptics™, the company’s SaaS-delivered service.
- Server Configuration Manager (SCM): New to the SolarWinds portfolio, SCM offers visibility into configuration changes on Windows® servers and applications, while also correlating performance issues to authorized or unauthorized changes to files, binaries, configuration files, the Windows Registry, and hardware configurations.
In addition to VMAN, other recently-enhanced solutions within the SolarWinds unified infrastructure management portfolio will also be on display, including:
- Server & Application Monitor (SAM): Named a 2018 Gartner® Peer Insights™ Customers’ Choice for Application Performance Monitoring Suites, SAM helps provide end-to-end visibility, as well as server and application performance monitoring, using agent-based and agentless technologies across multiple data centers, remote locations, and public and private cloud environments. Its latest enhancements deliver integration with SolarWinds APM, the ability to monitor containers including Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
- Database Performance Analyzer (DPA): Locate issues, analyze root causes, and optimize performance for popular database technologies including Microsoft® SQL Server®, Microsoft Azure® SQL Database, MySQL®, Oracle®, and more. The latest enhancements to version 12.0 are designed to help data professionals quickly pinpoint the root cause of slow queries and easily optimize indexing to help ensure the availability and speed of business-critical applications.
For more information on SolarWinds IT management products, including downloadable, free 30-day evaluations, visit the SolarWinds website or call +353 21 500 2900.
Meet the Geek and Join the Discussion
“Performance Deep Dive for Demanding Virtual Database Servers”
- What: Attendees will be armed with the deep-dive skills to troubleshoot and improve the performance of the most demanding virtualized database servers.
- Who: LaRock and Oleg Ulyanov, senior solutions architect, Microsoft Applications, VMware
- When: Wednesday, November 7, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CET
LaRock has over 20 years of IT experience, holding roles such as programmer, developer, analyst, and database administrator. He is a Microsoft Certified Master, VMware vExpert, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and 10-time Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
- SolarWinds Broadens Systems Portfolio with Unified Infrastructure Management Enhancements
- SolarWinds Introduces New APM powered by AppOptics™ to Deliver Unprecedented Application Support for IT Operations and DevOps Teams
- Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
- SolarWinds Orion Platform
Connect with SolarWinds
About Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT infrastructure management software. Our products give organizations worldwide, regardless of type, size or IT infrastructure complexity, the power to monitor and manage the performance of their IT environments, whether on-premise, in the cloud, or in hybrid models. We continuously engage with all types of technology professionals—IT operations professionals, DevOps professionals, and managed service providers (MSPs)—to understand the challenges they face maintaining high-performing and highly available IT infrastructures. The insights we gain from engaging with them, in places like our THWACK online community, allow us to build products that solve well-understood IT management challenges in ways that technology professionals want them solved. This focus on the user and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT performance management has established SolarWinds as a worldwide leader in network management software and MSP solutions. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
© 2018 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
Katie de Cozar