SolarWinds Invites Attendees to Join Company Director of IT Security Business in a Discussion on Internal and External Cybersecurity Threats
CORK, IRELAND -- (Marketwired) -- 10/14/15 --
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software, today announced its upcoming participation at TechNet Europe 2015, October 20-22, 2015 in Berlin, Germany. At the event, SolarWinds will demonstrate how its network, systems and applications, security and database management solutions provide support for government and military agencies and will present on best practices for monitoring and managing cybersecurity threats.
TechNet Europe 2015 is the first European Geoinformation Symposium and Exposition, which is jointly hosted by AFCEA Europe, the Bundeswehr Geoinformation Centre (BGIC) and the AFCEA Bonn Chapter.
"We're looking forward to attending another European AFCEA event and engaging with military and government IT professionals to discuss their IT management needs regardless of organisation size or budget," said David Kimball, group vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. "Cybersecurity sources and obstacles to threat prevention are top of mind for our IT pros and we're excited to be presenting on 'How to fight cybersecurity threats on multiple fronts,' and looking forward to addressing how insider threats bring a new set of challenges for IT pros."
Visit the SolarWinds Booth
SolarWinds engineers and product experts will be available to offer demonstrations SolarWinds' entire IT management portfolio and discuss how these tools can eliminate complexity in government IT infrastructure. Attendees will have the opportunity to explore all SolarWinds® products, including:
Attend SolarWinds' presentation on "How to fight cyber security threats on multiple fronts"
Mav Turner, Director, IT Security Business, SolarWinds, will present best practices for monitoring and managing cybersecurity threats, both internal and external. Turner will discuss:
- A SolarWinds and Market Connections survey outlining the growing threat of careless and untrained insiders as the greatest source of cybersecurity threats
- The top cybersecurity threat sources, obstacles to threat prevention and necessary tools for threat prevention indicated in the survey
- What policies and procedures can be implemented to protect and educate government employees to help prevent security breaches
- The tools that can help gain visibility and awareness into the IT infrastructure in order detect insider security threats and prevent breaches before they happen
When: Wednesday, October 21 at 3:40 p.m. - 4:25 p.m. CEST
Where: Main Conference Room (Level 0 - Berlin A-B)
SolarWinds Solutions for National Government
- SolarWinds software is available through numerous channel partners and systems integrators worldwide, as well as the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM), Crown Commercial Service (CCS), United Nations Atlas, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, and Department of Defense ESI.
- Government certifications and approvals include: Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and technical requirements include Common Criteria EAL 2 Certification, FIPS compatibility, DISA compliance, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance, Section 508 VPATs, in addition to the Good Practice Guide 13 (U.K.).
- SolarWinds offers hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of all major auditing authorities, including DISA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds' thwack® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance templates for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other standards.
For more product and pricing information visit the SolarWinds Government Solutions page. For more information on becoming a SolarWinds National Government Partner contact us at: email@example.com.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
Phone: +49 89 99837019
Phone: +353 21 500 2954