SolarWinds Showcases Full-Stack Cloud Monitoring in Dreamforce Developer Zone; Adds Pingdom's Web Performance Monitoring to Heroku Elements Marketplace
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 09/14/15 --
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software, today announced it will introduce Pingdom® service as its newest add-on to Heroku® Elements Marketplace at Dreamforce® in San Francisco September 15-18. Pingdom provides powerful web performance monitoring and joins current top Heroku add-ons of the Librato® and Papertrail™ services to complete the SolarWinds® full-stack Heroku monitoring solution.
Dreamforce is expected to bring together 150,000 professionals who work with Salesforce®, "the world's largest cloud ecosystem," and will feature a Developer Zone where more than 20,000 developers will participate in technical learning and hands-on app-building sessions.
Visit SolarWinds and Heroku in the Developer Zone
SolarWinds is one of six companies that will partner with Salesforce's cloud application platform, Heroku, within the Developer Zone. There, SolarWinds will showcase Pingdom, Librato and Papertrail, its cloud monitoring solutions now available in Heroku's Elements Marketplace of verified tools that provide extra services to support the platform as a service (PaaS) offering.
"SolarWinds already features two of the most popular solutions for Heroku developers with Librato and Papertrail, and now Pingdom brings web performance monitoring to complete the picture," said Peter Cho, Head of Heroku's Ecosystem Program. "As more developers build their applications on Heroku, they can benefit from the full-stack monitoring capabilities that SolarWinds offers and that many Heroku customers already use and love."
Get full Heroku visibility with SolarWinds add-ons
- Pingdom - Web performance monitoring
- Tests and verifies a website's uptime and availability every minute with over 60 global polling locations
- Provides valuable insights from actual visitors' experiences with real user monitoring
- Monitors synthetic transactions to help ensure important interactions like signup, search, or downloadable files on a website aren't slow or broken
- Librato - Real-time cloud monitoring
- Collects metrics directly from Heroku, Amazon Web Services®, server monitoring, API, application code, configuration management tools, and other services
- Aggregates, correlates, time-shifts and otherwise transforms data with customizable visualizations of metrics, events, annotations, charts and dashboards
- Allows users to customize notifications using complex alert criteria and thresholds, and sends alerts via email, UI, webhooks or many other integrated alerting tools
- Papertrail - Log management
- Provides log visibility across all a user's systems
- Troubleshoots with full-text search, metadata and sub-strings, letting users tail, interpret and act on real-time log streams
- Analyzes issues with saved searches, events and alerts from related systems and data streams
"While application development and deployment can be a complex and time-consuming process for many, Heroku offers developers a dependable and customizable environment on which to build and keep an eye on their stacks. With Heroku's add-on marketplace, they also offer users flexibility to monitor their unique environments with their choice of fantastic tools," said Joel Dolisy, Chief Technology Officer, SolarWinds. "With Pingdom, Librato and Papertrail technologies now all available for Heroku users, SolarWinds provides developers and operations professionals the full-stack visibility they need into their Heroku environments."
Customers of SolarWinds' cloud solutions include Heroku, Airbnb®, Instacart™, Codeship™, Slack® and Nextdoor®, among many others.
Learn more at www.SolarWinds.com/Cloud.
Pricing and Availability
Pingdom's free beta plan is now available in the Heroku marketplace with additional comprehensive plans coming in October. Librato and Papertrail are currently available in the Heroku marketplace with multiple pricing plans, including free starter options.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Librato, Pingdom, Papertrail and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.